Navigate

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Oh, the Life of a Junior

Tonight was homecoming!

Yay!

A bunch of friends came over earlier today (or I guess now it was yesterday), and when I say "a bunch," I mean my house was swarming with girls (and a boy or two). And all of these girls were getting their hair ready, putting on makeup, getting into their gorgeous dresses, freaking out.
Okay, maybe I was the only one freaking out.

So I drove and one of my other friends drove to the venue, or whatever you want to call it, which took forever by the way. It also happened to be the night of the first football game for the college that our homecoming was being held at, so a ton of streets were blocked off and most of them are one-way, it was a nightmare getting there.

We finally get there, and I step out of the car... and my shoe broke. One of the little straps that connects to the heel of the shoe detached. Typical. Oh, and not only that, but I forgot my ticket to the dance at home. Which I didn't even realize until we were basically at the dance. I felt like I was in some quintessential teen drama right about then. Though, being the trooper that I am, I managed.

All of us walk into the dance and after a while we see this guy that I've liked forever. And ever.
And he's with this girl that I haven't ever liked. Ever. Awesome. Just awesome. It hurt, a lot. I'm not going to lie; it was hard to look at. But the show must go on, right? I looked awesome and I couldn't spend the entire night moping, though it seemed like a plausible option right about then.
So, my friends and I danced. We danced our white asses off. God, we are so white.
But it was great, really. My friends are amazing and they make me laugh and smile and I love them so, so much.

Being able to go to the dance with them was incredible, even though I see them everyday. They are all truly stunning people.

So, aside from a couple stabs in the heart from every time I saw the guy I like with some other girl, tonight was fantastic.

However, if my life were a cult classic...
I would have gone up and grabbed my guy, kissed him, and he'd have fallen in love with me right on the spot, finally seeing what's been infront of his eyes all this time.

Unfortunately, my life isn't a cult classic... But I can dream.

Always,
Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment